Sika® CarboDur® BC
Sika® CarboDur® BC rods are pultruded carbon fibre reinforced polymer (CFRP) laminates with a circular cross section, designed for strengthening concrete, timber and masonry.
Sika® CarboDur® BC rods are bonded into slots as near surface mounted reinforcement using Sikadur®-330 or Sikadur®-30 epoxy resin based adhesives for normal application temperatures. Sikadur®-300 epoxy resin based adhesive is used for horizontal applications.
Sika® CarboDur® BC rods can also be used for anchoring SikaWrap® fabrics where positive attachment to concrete or masonry is required.
Please refer to the relevant Product Data Sheet for more detailed information about each of the adhesives.
- Very high strength
- Invisible once installed, no joints required
- Excellent durability and fatigue resistance
- Easy transportation
- Lightweight, very easy to install
- Smooth edges without exposed fibres as the result of production by pultrusion
- Can accept traffic on the strengthened surface (rods not exposed)
- No surface preparation / levelling of uneven substrates required
- Improved resistance to fire (compared with externally bonded reinforcement)
- Testing and Approvals available from many countries worldwide