SikaFix®-623 Thixotropic is a two component (1:1 by volume) fire resistant injection system using a two-component injection pump coupled with a static in-line mixer head; based on urea silicate technology. It is designed to rapidly stabilise strata and coal by giving them structural strength and flexibility. Based on standard liquid SikaFix®-623 Thixotropic, this version will, upon machine mixing, instantly form a smooth pumpable gel which is thixotropic, ie it exhibits shear thinning. This enables the material to flow easily under pressure/force eg through the injection machine. When the pressure/ pumping stops, the material reverts to the gel and stops flowing thereby preventing the material from running out of cracks or adjacent injection ports. In addition to being fire resistant due to its unique silicate chemistry, the maximum exotherm reached during crosslinking is well under the maximum 150 °C allowed as specified by the NSW Government Trade and Investment Mine Safety Guideline MDG 3608 August 2012, Appendix D1-TM003.
- Instantly forms a pumpable gel when processed through plural component high pressure injection machinery.
- Fire resistant due to its unique silicate chemistry.
- Very fast reactivity with structural strength and resiliency.
- Suitable exothermic behavior for use in coal mines.
- Same reaction and cured properties in dry or underwater situations.
- Penetrates cracks greater than 0.15 mm.
- Does not expand its cured volume. Does not absorb water.
- Very good adhesion to wet surfaces.