Reliable and Durable Concrete is the Key to any Mining Project
For decades, Sika has been involved in the largest and most challenging mining projects on the globe. From self-compacting concrete for efficient shaft linings to high strength road slabs, from durable mill foundations to easy pumpable concrete for headframe errection, we offer the products that solve nearly every concrete challenge.
Cost overruns and not matching the designed throughput rates are a common thread for mining operations, especially when ore is sourced from underground. Our concrete and Shotcrete technologies contribute to efficient mine construction under a suite of climatic conditions. Sika concrete admixtures such as our Viscocrete® and Sigunit® technology stands up to the highest quality and HSE standards in operations all around the globe.
Explore our Application type Solution for Mining
Concrete for all applications
With more than 100 year’s experience in concrete technology, we are in position to support you for every concrete application at your mine.
- Fast and efficient shaft linings using self-compacting concrete
- Set retarders for long transportation routes
- Accelerators for rapid mine development
- Specialised slick line concrete
- High strength concrete for foundation slabs, runways and haulage roads
- Rheology modifiers for easy concrete pumping
Optimise your mix
Optimise the cost performance of the concrete mix by the use of Sika Viscocrete® technology.
- Sika is the go-to brand for high range water reducers and slump, keeping admixtures to optimise the properties of your concrete
- Tailored solutions for the specific needs in mining